Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Big Top Circus!

The circus is in town. It will be in the greater New Orleans area for a few days at different venues so check out the schedule if you are interested. BTW, how come they all claim to be the "World's Largest Under The Big Top"? It really wasn't all that big to me?

Anyway, it was not the Ringling Bros. by no means which is why they are giving out a lot of free child passes. It cost us $37 (with our free kid passes) and that included upgrading to VIP seats (2nd row), a pony ride and 1 serving of cotton candy. We left after one hour at intermission because it was hot in that tent and it was 6:00pm. Kids were antsy and hungry! They didn't know the difference. They thought it was over cuz everyone was leaving the tent.

This was the like the circus you would see on "Follow that Bird". Grass/dirt floors, low budget, cheezy outfits, etc. However, the kids thought it was grand and hubby and I just rolled our eyes at each other a lot. My youngest kept tapping the shoulder of the lady next to us and pointing up and saying, "OH!" Kinda funny.
Speaking of outfits . . . the trapeze artist (minus two girls in bright green - see pic below) were a little hoochy for a family event. When they walked out I leaned over to my hubby and said, "Wow, didn't know we were going to a strip joint today." I mean, seriously, could they get shorts that cover their A$$!



Finally, some butt coverage on the girls!



Doesn't it look like this drink guy is going to pick her up?


The drive home. My girl gets a hold of the camera. Best entertainment ever - $0!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes--the foot pic is priceless!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi there, I came across your blog while I was trying to find info on the Big Top Circus that is in town this weekend. I am trying to find out what animals this circus is traveling with.
If you would like information on how they train and transport the circus animals Ringling Bros. ect. check out my site.

www.myspace.com/thetruecircussite

Take care, T