Thursday, March 26, 2009

Being Two.

My two year old is amusing us daily! He says things that make my hubby and I just share "The look" and laugh.

The last two days he has been telling us over and over that "I no like hot water. I like warm water. Hot water is for girls."

Or

"I no like that dip. That dip too spicy for me."

He is so adorable! He is a gem. I know. He is my boy. I get to say that about him and you, being my reader, get to read it!

Tonight, he wanted to lay with me at bedtime. We have a new rule that neither parent lies with either child at bedtime anymore. So I asked Sissy if she would let him lay with her. She was very reluctant. But being the good sister that she is she obliged. Right now, the two of them are snuggled in her bed together sleeping soundly and it is sweet enough to melt a mother's heart.

I love my kids.

rrr

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

awwwww...

the perfect - and adorable - solutions to the bedtime dilemma!

Melissa said...

I just can't give up my end of day snuggle time. It's just as much for me as it is for them. Griffin's still in a crib so I rock and snuggle him for a few minutes before I lay him down. And I do lie down with Avery for a few minutes after tucking Griffin in so I can snuggle her and talk about our day. I don't stay with either of them until they fall asleep because I don't want that to become a "need" for them. But I just figure I'll never look back and regret doing it and I know a day will come when I wish I could again. :-)

SoMo said...

I think my 3 yr old is pretty funny and cute, too. I nearly fell over when we were talking about the new baby and he called her the "other one". I think someone is not happy about having another sister.